Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
- Watched "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" which was awful
- Cleaned the shower (last night at 1am)
- Cleaned the bathroom & toilets
- Shredded a whole bunch of paperwork that had been piling up (never filed the study, but the paperwork piles are at least oderly)
- Dusted... bedroom, stairs, living room, study
- Watered plants
- Cleaned/straightened the hubby's closet (nope, never got to mine...)
- Loaded dishwasher, ran wash, put away dishes
- Made shopping list
- Stripped bed, cleaned sheets, re-made bed
- Unpacked my suitcase
- Wiped off kitchen counters and coffee table
- Straightened pillows on couch in living room
- Finished questions for Stats exam and shipped them off for review
- Finalized question 1 of Strategy exam, started question 3... total of 5 to do
- Taken "before" photo for HCBC competition and am planning on putting myself together enough to take an "after" one :)
- Updated Facebook status 4 times
- Posted blog
- Turned on my willpower enough to NOT play Guitar Hero
Friday, September 26, 2008
When I checked out this morning, the desk clerk gave me another Comments card. They must really want me to tell them what I think of them. She actually expected me to fill it out in front of her. I had way too much to write and there was no way that was going to happen. Luckily I was able to point out to her that I could mail it in. I had done my research ;)
Last night… after the terrible leak in the ceiling… I went to bed rather early (10:30), since my internet had shut off at 9:45. I had already called the husband, called Jenn, read blogs, written blog, so I didn’t see a need to pay $15 for another day of service. I had dreams all night about making coffee. I’m not really sure why, other than every time yesterday that Mr. Nice asked me to do something (such as get coffee), I replied with, “are you asking me because I’m a girl?” since I was the only girl in our conference room. It was just fun.
Anyway, at 3am I woke up and all the lights were on in the room. I was (obviously) disoriented there for a moment and thinking back to if I’d fallen asleep while studying. I remembered that the lights had definitely been off. I checked the locks on the door, and I was still locked up tight. I know that the hotels here have motion sensing lights, so it makes me wonder what happened last night! Did I make some giant movement that caused there to be light, or did they just come on? Not fun….
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
- Loss of Hilton points
- The Hilton is in the same parking lot as the office, hence a very short walk. This is especially important when it is raining, which it happens to be doing this week.
- The Camino Real is across a crazy street. I don't even know if I can possibly articulate how crazy of a street it is. I believe it is between 6-8 lanes. You would think this would mean that 3-4 lanes are grouped together and travel in one direction. This is not the case. 2 lanes go one way, 2 another, 2 go back the other way, 2 go the other. Did you follow that? Crossing this street is not fun.
- I have no idea if this hotel provides free bottled water like the Hilton does :(
- I know the Hilton. I do not have to wonder what time the gym opens or where the ATM is. sigh.....
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tonight I finally sat down to listen to the replay of Tuesday night's episode of Striker On The News. I highly recommend listening, if you have not felt pressured enough into listening yet ;)
I somehow started listening to the show in kind of the middle and thought to myself, "uh, is that me talking?" It's funny... I know that you don't actually sound the way you think you do, so I was prepared to think I sounded lame. The funny thing was that I could not distinguish my voice from my cousin's! Poor Striker and Polly... I imagine it was difficult for them to tell who was talking!
Two interesting notes on this...
- This is another thing that I can mark down as to how we're similar
- When I mentioned this to JennAnn, she totally agreed. She then added that I sound more Cali at times. This makes sense, since my cousin lived in NY for awhile. She would not have been able to have the Cali tone.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Gerlado Rivera and I were driving through Galveston last Friday, monitoring the "progress" (devastation) of Hurricane Ike. I snapped this picture out his driver's side window of the Hooters in Galveston that went "topless" - they'd lost their roof! Unfortunately, hours later, the entire building (and Geraldo, too, for several moments) became part of the Gulf of Mexico. This photo is quite possibly the last picture taken of this historical landmark. Thank God I was riding along with Geraldo to get this picture.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
- Hurricane Zack - large black lab/great dane(?) mix; my brother and SIL's dog
- Duchess - brown/white sheltie; my dog that lives with my parents' (fine, ok, it's kinda my parents' dog, but I picked her out)
- Doogie - blue miniature pinscher; my dog
- Princess - black/white long haired Chihuahua; my dog
Friday, September 12, 2008
Ok, this is what happens when I'm tucked in with 4 dogs... I do nothing but sit transfixed by news. Yeah, yeah, I should be writing my Strategy Paper, I know!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
- Weekend of Sept 13th: stay at my parents' house and babysit 2 extra dogs
- Weekend of Sept 20th: school; go to A&M vs. Miami football game
- Week of Sept 22nd: working in Mexico
- Sept 27th: go to A&M vs. Army football game
- Get back on track with the "healthy lifestyle" - eat good, workout!
- Organize/file all the paper that I've been stacking up for 1.5 years in the home office
- Clean out my closet: get rid of the 2 boxes that have been hanging out in there since we moved in 3 years ago! Also need to buy some form of chest to go at the foot of our bed to put all the extra pillows/shams in when they're not on the bed.
- Put pictures in the picture frames that I bought 9 months ago; maybe even hang the frames on the walls :)
- Cook myself dinner... I think this will be the first time ever that I attempt to cook any form of meat in a contraption other than the microwave. Wait... can you cook chicken in the microwave? Hmmmm... something to research!
- Complete my Strategy and Stats exams; each worth over 75% of my total grade in the respective classes this semester!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
- Picture cannot be one you've taken in the past - it has to be one you take from this point forward!
- Picture cannot be taken on a "real" camera, it must be from your Pearl, Curve, Treo, or whatever type of mobile phone you have for discrete photography
- Picture cannot be modified via Photoshop (or similar products)
- Photos must be submitted via email to Kim1Champ no later than 7pm Pacific on Monday, September 15th
- Since "best" is rather subjective and difficult to grade, we have recruited David Thomas to judge. He is more than qualified, since we have all seen his great work + he is the proud owner of a rare Sydney lens
Monday, September 1, 2008
1. HCBC names must be included
2. I didn't limit myself to traditional names. If a child can be "Apple", that opens the doors to hurricane names! ;)
Ann, Abba, or Andrea
JennAnn or Jinjer
Laura or Lois
SarahPalin (nicknamed "Barracuda")
Unfun (this has a nice ring to it)
Valium (you know you'll need some)
William (Billy for short)
Ymi (pronounced "why me")